It is imperative that we humans push back, with a resistance that has characterized our ancestral struggles against these forces of destruction.
Today’s resistance looks like many things, not limited to these:
- The unsung movement of young people living this way-of-life and using their powers of creative invention to address technological challenges communally, without resorting to use of extractive energy sources.
- Individuals and organizations shrinking their carbon footprint and consuming behavior. (click article below to read)
- Divesting from bundled retirement investments is a challenge that both institutions and individuals are addressing.
- Families and groups boycotting products of corporations that invest in disinformation
- Organizing movements/demonstrations against racial and gender injustices and environmental degradation.
- Scientists and behaviorists publishing their data in support of directions we must go.
- Supporting climate change initiatives. Not becoming discouraged but realizing that the big and the small pieces all come together into one movement.
- Not-for-profits lobbying to find the money and apply for grants to fund manpower for education and restoration.
- Artists of every stripe producing theater, music, murals and paintings, and writing that inspires us to move toward the positive and away from the negative.
- Time to stop! Running scared every time a reactionary calls our progressive programs “communist” or “Luddite” or a “bunch of hippies” will keep us from unifying as a Movement.
Yeah, the McCarthy era was scary. We are feeling the beginnings of a new trend to take our country back from those Shock and Awe disinformation professionals